Below you will find a chronological list of significant updates made to the site, including newly added pages, clarified information, updated bottle and label logs, etc.
February 6, 2018
- Added new photos of Timmermans glassware.
February 3, 2018
- Newly updated information for Cantillon Cuvée du Millénaire
January 23, 2018
- Newly updated information and origin story for Cantillon Don Quijote including original artwork, photos, and sketches.
January 1, 2018
- Major updates to the 3 Fonteinen bottle logs for Oude Geuze, Armand & Gaston, Hommage, and Oude Kriek to include all of the various batch information found on the backs of the labels
December 31, 2017
- Updated info for batch 2 of Oude Pinot Noir Tilquin à l'Ancienne
- Updated bottle logs for 3 Fonteinen Cuvée Armand & Gaston, Oude Mûre Tilquin à l'Ancienne, Oude Gueuze Tilquin à L'Ancienne and 3 Fonteinen Oude Geuze
December 18, 2017
- Added a page for Stout Rullquin
December 17, 2017
- Added Brasserie Houyoux (Nalinnes) and Jacobs-Herinckx (Saint-Gilles) to the list of closed Lambic producers.
December 13, 2017
- Updated page for Brouwerij Willems (Wambeek)
December 2, 2017
- Updated info for earlier batches of 3 Fonteinen Framboos
- Updated historical information for Brouwerij Lindemans
- Created page for Lindemans GingerGueuze
- Created page for Boon/Mikkeller Oude Geuze
November 19, 2017
- Created a page for Meerts
November 17, 2017
November 13, 2017
- Added the articles Rapport sur la Brasserie, Exposition Universelles D'Anvers 1894 (1895) and Het Bier en het Brouwersambacht (1945) to the Bibliography.
September 16, 2017
- Created separate pages for Oude Quetsche Tilquin à l'Ancienne (Prunes_de_Namur) and Oude Quetsche Tilquin à l'Ancienne (véritable_d'Alsace)
- Created a page for Tilquin Experimental Fruit Series
- Created a page for Cantillon Nath and updated the Zwanze 2012 page.
September 7, 2017
August 27, 2017
- Added a coolship filling video to the Koelschip page
August 9, 2017
- Added a table of the characteristics of Koelschips used at lambic breweries.
August 1, 2017
- Added videos to the Brewing Lambic page.
July 28, 2017
- Added Cantillon Reine des Prés
July 24, 2017
- Edited the barrel section of the Brewing Lambic page.
July 22, 2017
- Major update to Cantillon Amitié & Joie 40ème Anniversaire Super Gueuze
July 19, 2017
June 27, 2017
- Added Brouwerij Willems (Wambeek) to the list of closed Lambic producers.
- Added page for De Troch Oude Kriek.
June 26, 2017
- Updated Cantillon Lambic Vin Jaune.
June 24, 2017
- Added 3 Fonteinen Pinot Noir Lambic to the site.
- Added 3 Fonteinen Chardonnay Lambic to the site.
- Added 3 Fonteinen Hommage Lambiek.
June 17, 2017
- Added In De Rare Vos, a 20th century café blender in Schepdaal, to the list of closed Lambic producers.
May 27, 2017
May 27, 2017
- Added label for Cantillon Chouke, a special gueuze blend.
May 11, 2017
- Created page for Cantillon Chouke, a special gueuze blend.
May 10, 2017
- Published reworked Gueuzerie Tilquin page.
May 9, 2017
- Updated 3 Fonteinen bottle entries to reflect new labels and blend number of the season for Armand and Gaston, Oude Geuze, Oude Geuze, and Hommage.
April 19, 2017
- Updated the Stout Rullquin entry to note a recipe change and the blend ratio. Beer and Lambic Blends
April 9, 2017
- Created page for Oud Beersel Oude Geuze Vieille - Vandervelden 135.
March 27, 2017
- Added new information for Cantillon Cuvée 1904.
March 21, 2017
- Added the dates of 2016 and scheduled dates of 2017 3 Fonteinen Open Beer Days.
March 9, 2017
March 7, 2017
February 19, 2017
- Updated the Brewing Lambic page - added photos of the 3F coolship, aging hops at Cantillon, fermenting lambic at Tilquin.
February 18, 2017
- Updated the Brewing Lambic page - expanded intro, hot side equipment, and turbid mashing.
February 12, 2017
- Updated the Cantillon Rosé de Gambrinus label log.
- Updated the Cantillon Quintessence page with a 2005 menu.
- Update made to the 3 Fonteinen Schaerbeekse Kriek 2003 entry.
- Updated the Beer and Lambic blends table with Beersel Morning and Tuverbol information.
January 29, 2017
- Created page for Oude Pinot Noir Tilquin à l'Ancienne.
January 22, 2017
- Created page for Cantillon Citoyen du Monde.
January 12, 2017
- Major update to the Cantillon Rosé de Gambrinus and Framboise pages detailing the history of the name and label using primary sources.
January 6, 2017
- Major update and overhaul to 3 Fonteinen Zenne y Frontera page.
January 4, 2017
- Added Cantillon Saint Lamvinus Grand Cru.
- Updated information for Cantillon Saint Lavminus 1995 bottling.
- Updated information for Cantillon Hopduvel 10 jaar Gueuze.
- Updated information for Boon Oude Geuze Black Label.
December 6, 2016
- Added Rie van Pol (RIP), a 20th century café blender in Mollem, to the list of closed Lambic producers.
November 30, 2016
- Added Boon Vat 109.
October 29, 2016
- Added Adolphe André (Ransart) and A. Urbain (Mons) to the list of closed Lambic producers.
October 25, 2016
- Added Hector Debrulle (Familleureux), Emile Depréz (Châtelet), Ledoux Fréres (Lodelinsart), Loriaux-Frère, V. (Jumet/Ransart), and Maison Grégoire (Binche) to the list of closed Lambic producers.
October 22, 2016
- Added a Duivels Bier page.
October 13, 2016
- Updated label translation and added photos for Cantillon Super Gueuze.
- Added article summary for Note sur les Fermentations Visqueuses.
September 25, 2016
- Updated information for first and second batches of Oude(Gueuze Tilquin)² à l’Ancienne.
September 23, 2016
- Updated bottle log for Tilquin Gueuze.
September 22, 2016
- Added new bottling information and picture of Cantillon Menu Pineau.
- Added Thiriez Jean Chris Nomad 59470 (barrel aged) to Beer and Lambic Blends.
August 24, 2016
- Updated information for Eylenbosch Kriek Lambic Eylenbosch Cuvée Spéciale.
- Updated pictures for Lindemans Blossom Gueuze and Cuvée René Special Blend 2010.
- Updated bottle log for Tilquin Mûre and Tilquin Gueuze.
August 11, 2016
August 7, 2016
- Updated info for Cantillon Zwanze 2008 to reflect confirmed 37,5cl bottles.
June 11, 2016
- Added Jouret, P. (Flobecq) to the list of closed Lambic producers.
June 9, 2016
- Created page for 3 Fonteinen Cuvée Armand & Gaston.
June 7, 2016
- Added Belgian Smaak June 7, 2016 Podcast interview with Armand Debelder and Michaël Blancquaert.
June 3, 2016
- Added new information about batch two of Beersel Green Walnut.
- Added new page for Beersel Schaaerbeekse Kriek.
June 2, 2016
May 9, 2016
- Updated the Cantillon Quintessence page text and links. Added a new video of the event.
- Added a video of the new Lindemans bottling line.
April 29, 2016
- Added new video for Nacht van de Grote Dorst 2016.
- Added the fourth edition menu and pairings for Amuse Gueuze.
April 24, 2016
- Updated info for Boon with regard to Palm's stake and involvement.
- Updated info for Boon Vat79 Monoblend.
March 28, 2016
- Added new page for Hanssens Oude Kriek Handeplukte Schaerbeekse Krieken.
- Added new page for Lindemans BlossomGueuze.
- Added a new brewery page for Brouwerij Mosselmans.
- Added alphabetized list to the Closed Lambic Producers quick navigation page.
March 19, 2016
- Added new photos of the second batch barrels for Cantillon Brabantiae.
March 16, 2016
- Added new information about the upcoming second batch of Cantillon Brabantiae.
March 14, 2016
- Added The Sour Hour (The Brewing Network) Podcast to the Cantillon page.
- Updated the Cantillon Lambidre Fermier de Bruxelles page and reclassified the beer as a fruit lambic on the main Cantillon page.
- Created the Cantillon Brussels Sprouts Lambic page.
March 7, 2016
- Added a new brewery page for Huygens.
- Added Kampenhout (Rotselaar) and Saint-Servais (Schaerbeek) to the list of closed Lambic producers.
- Added glassware photos for De Troch.
February 29, 2016
- Added Battard, F. (Ville-Pommeroeul) and Miroir, Arthur (Ville-Pommeroeul) to the list of closed Lambic producers.
February 28, 2016
- Added additional information to the Cantillon Brewing Process section including foeder use, sugar in blending, and hop sourcing.
- Updated organic fruit details on Cantillon Fou'Foune, Kriek, Vigneronne, and Saint Lamvinus.
- Added a quote from Jean Van Roy about Cantillon Lambic Vin Jaune.
- Updated Intense Red to note that it is made with Polish cherries.
- Added 2014 visitor numbers to the Brussels Gueuze Museum.
- Updated Cantillon history to include when export to the US began.
- Removed unsubstantiated stories sections and updated hop information for Cuvée Des Champions and Cuvée Saint Gilloise.
- Added a new Bottle Dating section on the main Brouwerij Lindemans page.
- Placed 26 new photos on various pages throughout the site.
- Many minor updates throughout the site.
February 27, 2016
- Updated Cantillon Zwanze 2012 page to reflect information on the 2015 re-make.
February 22, 2016
- Updated Cantillon Carignan bottle log to include batch 1 as well.
- Updated the description of Eylenbosch Gueuze Framboisée Des Ardennes.
February 12, 2016
- Added new bottle log and photos for Cantillon Carignan to reflect a new batch.
February 8, 2016
- Added Saerens and Serré, L. to the list of closed Lambic producers. Updated breweriana sections for Van Malder, Van-Haelen Coche, and Winderickx.
February 7, 2016
February 6, 2016
- Added new page for Van Malder under the list of closed Lambic producers. Added new photos for Winderickx and Cantillon (photo #5).
January 3, 2016
- Added new pages for Vat 79 Monoblend, Boon Oude Geuze Black Label, and Boon/Mikkeller Oude Geuze Boon Bone Dry.
December 31, 2015
- Added 10th Anniversary label for Cantillon Blåbær Lambik with updated bottle log.
December 18, 2015
- Added bottle code information for Lindemans Gueuze Cuvée René.
November 23, 2015
- Updated information and added video for Lindemans Oude Kriek Cuvée René, now being exported to the United States.
November 19, 2015
- Added new label for batch 3 of Cantillon's Soleil de Minuit.
November 8, 2015
October 11, 2015
- Updated Cantillon Fou' Foune and Lou Pepe Framboise bottle label descriptions to include fruit details and amounts according to the new 2015 labels.
October 11, 2015
- Added restaurant and bar distribution information for 3 Fonteinen Zenne y Frontera.
September 30, 2015
September 28, 2015
- Added La Barbe-Moerenhout, Brédael, C., De Kam, and Brasserie Hygiëna to the list of closed Lambic producers. Hygiëna was historically related to De Vits and Boon, and tied to the origins of the term "Gueuze".
September 25, 2015
- Added vintage labels for 3 Fonteinen Oude Geuze, Oud Beersel Oude Geuze, and Oud Beersel Oude Kriek.
September 20, 2015
- Added new information for Cantillon Jean Chris Nomad to reflect confirmation of counterfeit bottles.
- Added Cheval Blanc and Victor Devalkeneer (Pepingen) to the list of closed Lambic producers.
September 18, 2015
- Added J. De Winne (Asper) and J.B. Speeckaert-De Wael (Brussels) to the list of closed Lambic producers.
September 7, 2015
- Updated the Cantillon Assemblage de l'Amitié (Wild Friendship Blend) page to reflect releases and charities.
August 31, 2015
- Added a new page for 3 Fonteinen Zenne y Frontera.
August 28, 2015
- Added new information for Tilquin Draft Gueuze and Oude Gueuze Tilquin à L'Ancienne that reflects the general blending ratios of each beer.
- Added 36 new photos to the list of closed Lambic producers.
August 26, 2015
- Added a new page for Brasserie Drie Pikkel (Strombeek-Bever). Added De Bisschop (Leupegem), Het Schip (Tienen), and La Fleur d’Or (Leuven) to the list of closed Lambic producers.
August 15, 2015
- Added 53 photos (and counting) throughout the site.
August 11, 2015
- Added new information about Lindemans/Mikkeller SpontanBasil label approval for U.S. and new batch.
August 3, 2015
- Added new information about Lindemans Oude Kriek Cuvée René label approval for U.S. distribution.
Aug 2, 2015
- Created the Lambic Visitor Center (Bezoekerscentrum "De Lambiek") page.
- Created the Boelekewis Grill-Resto page.
- Added 79 new photographs to the site, in the new photo sections on the following pages:
July 27, 2015
July 25, 2015
- Created page for new Oud Beersel Green Walnut Lambic.
July 16, 2015
- New breweries added to the closed brewers and blenders page, including De Eendracht, De Wael, Leon, Het Anker, 't Hoefijzer, Senne, Van Assche (Asse), Omer Vandenberghen, Van der Cruys, and Van der Elst & Bruyns.
- New photos added for several closed brewers and blenders including De Smedt-Heymans, l'Etang Noir, Frankveld, Goossens, Walravens (Gooik), and Walravens (Sint-Pieters-Leeuw).
July 9, 2015
- Updated Gueuzerie Tilquin Oude Mûre Tilquin à l'Ancienne to reflect blending ratios and specifics.
- Added 39 new photos throughout the site.
- Added Masia Agullons Setembre and Setembre Especial Nadal to the lambic blends table.
- Added De La Senne Crianza, Saison, and Wadesda #1 to the lambic blends table.
- Created a beer page for Geuze Grote Dorst.
July 7, 2015
- Updated the 3 Fonteinen page with new photos.
- New breweries added to the closed brewers and blenders page, including l'Abeille, Au Laboureur, A. Corbeel, De Kroon (Tollembeek), Libotte-Thiriar, E., Petit & Fils, and Vanderbeck, E.
- New photos added for several closed brewers and blenders including Bellis, Denayer, Houwaert, Janssens, Istas Fréres, and Van der Schueren.
July 6, 2015
- Updated Tilquin listings to reflect proper product names and descriptions.
- Created a page for Cantillon Zwanze 2015 (Wild Brussels Stout).
- Added pictures for Cantillon LH12.
- Added information about the De Troch brewing process, new panogramic photos, and information.
- Added new panoramic shots for Lindemans.
July 5, 2015
- Added new labels for 3 Fonteinen Oude Geuze, 3 Fonteinen Oude Geuze Vintage, 3 Fonteinen Oude Kriek, and 3 Fonteinen Schaerbeekse Kriek courtesy of the brewery.
July 3, 2015
- Added new information to clarify 3 Fonteinen Oude Geuze Vintage.
July 1, 2015
- Added new photos to several closed brewers and blenders including Vandenperre, Goosens, Limbourg, Van Haelen-Coche, De Keersmaeker, and De Coster-Heymans.
- Updated the Brussels Gueuze Museum page with membership information and history.
June 17, 2015
- Updated the 3 Fonteinen Oude Geuze Golden Blend page to reflect release of a new batch.
May 31, 2015
- Added a full historical write up for spontaneously fermented beers in West Flanders.
May 29, 2015
- Added new video to the 3 Fonteinen page.
May 16, 2015
- Added 24 new signs to the Timmermans Breweriana page.
May 8, 2015
- Added video to Timmermans of a grain mill (circa 1911) in action.
May 7, 2015
- Added new history and newspaper article scans to the Tilquin page.
May 5, 2015
May 2, 2015
April 29, 2015
- Added new labels for Mûre Tilquin à l'Ancienne and Oude Quetsche Tilquin à l'Ancienne.
- Updated info for Cantillon Lambic d'Haute Densité including pictures from Akkurat.
April 28, 2015
- Added new information to reflect the recent Lindemans expansion.
- Added Lindemans Cuvée René Special Blend 2010.
April 27, 2015
- Updated the list of beer and lambic blends to include Burning Sky Brewers and Blenders Saision Cuvée, a blend of barrel aged saison and lambic from Girardin.
April 17, 2015
- Uploaded 95 new photos that will be placed throughout the site in the coming week.
April 10, 2015
April 7, 2015
- Added Deknop-Michiels to the list of Closed Lambic Producers.
April 4, 2015
April 3, 2015
March 31, 2015
- Updated the Moeder Lambic page with historical data, pictures, and inquiries.
March 24, 2015
- Added Appelmans and Istas Fréres to the list of Closed Lambic Producers.
March 22, 2015
- Added translation for the De Heeren Van Liedekercke 20th Anniversary Blend label.
- Added translation for the Cantillon Crianza Helena label.
- Added New Belgium Transatlantique Kriek to beer and lambic blends table.
March 19, 2015
- Added new page for Cantillon Carignan.
March 11, 2015
- Added new page for commercial beer and lambic blends.
March 9, 2015
March 2, 2015
- Created page for Eylenbosch Frater Ambrosius including labels and candid pics.
- Added new labels for Eylenbosch Faro Extra and Oude Geuze Boon.
- Added 2 breweries (St. Jacob and A. Smedt) to the list of Closed Lambic Producers.
February 24, 2015
- Created a new page for De Troch Oude Gueuze and added new labels for De Troch Pêche, Fraise, Kriek, Framboise, and Winter Gueuze.
February 23, 2015
- Updated Cantillon Iris, Grand Cru Bruocsella, Vigneronne, Rosé de Gambrinus, Kriek, Gueuze, Lou Pepe Gueuze, Lou Pepe Kriek, and Lou Pepe Framboise with handwritten U.S. label approval applications from 2001-2004.
February 22, 2015
- Updated Vigneronne to include information about the Brewers Star on the label.
- Created a full page about the Schaerbeek Museum of Beer, expanding from the previous paragraph that was on the Museums page.
February 9, 2015
- Updated Lindemans to reflect current logo and recently released labels for Gueuze (filtered), Faro, Cassis, Framboise, Kriek, and Apple.
February 8, 2015
- Added Cantillon Asperule Odorante.
- Updated information for 3 Fonteinen Oude Geuze Vintage including newly logged 2004 75cl bottle.
February 6, 2015
- Added pictures for Eylenbosch beers.
February 4, 2015
- Added new information for Vanberg & DeWulf Lambickx beers.
February 3, 2015
- Added bottling dates for HORAL Mega Blend 2009, 2011, and 2013.
- Added pictures for 3 Fonteinen.
- Added Koelschip photos from 3 Fonteinen and Oud Beersel.
February 2, 2015
- Added Amuse Gueuze to events.
February 1, 2015
- Added De Geuzen van Oud Beersel to groups.
- Added 12 breweries to the list of Closed Lambic Producers
- Updated the following beers after communications with Cantillon and Akkurat:
- Cantillon Cuvée de Florian
- Cantillon Florian Van Roy
- Cantillon Goldackerl Gueuze
- Cantillon Goldackerl Lambic
- Cantillon Gueuze Vélomoteur
- Cantillon Saint Lamvinus Unblended
- 3 Fonteinen Akkurat Gold Geuze 50/50
- 3 Fonteinen Akkurat Oude Geuze 50/50
- 3 Fonteinen Druiven Geuze (still a number of unanswered questions)
- 3 Fonteinen J&J Blauw
- 3 Fonteinen J&J Roze